- Premier's IOOF Centre for Educational and Medical Research Itinerant Support Teacher (Vision) Scholarship On Saturday 24 August 2013 at a reception hosted by the Premier of NSW at Government House, sixteen Scholarships were presented to teachers from around NSW. Shane Doepel was presented with the Premier’s Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) NSW Centre for Educational and Medical Research Itinerant Support Teacher (Vision) Scholarship. The IOOF generously donated $15,000 that will contribute
Thursday, February 27, 2014
- BLENNZ farewells retiring Principal, Jane Wells Jane Wells with her album of memories
On Wednesday 10th July 2013 BLENNZ a farewell function was held for Jane Wells, Principal of BLENNZ who was retiring after 34 years of working in the field of blindness education.
Jane Wells began her career in working with children and young people who are blind and low vision in 1979 when she took on the position of coaching students after school at
Monday, September 09, 2013
- Unified English Braille Australian Training Manual 2013 For all of you who work with Braille, I am
pleased to announce that the "Unified English Braille Australian
Training Manual 2013" has been released.
This document now replaces the Braille Primer of 2006.
The document is more contemporary in nature and hence, the change of name.
The Manual is now 235 pages in size 14 Tahoma
font. There are a lot more examples, with an extensive section
Tuesday, June 04, 2013
- SPEVI Conference Highlights 2013 Paul Pagliano
James Cook University - Australia
I must say: “What an superb conference!” Everyone I’ve spoken to has been absolutely thrilled. A sincere thank-you to Sue Spooner, Jane Wells and the conference organisers, and everyone who worked so diligently behind the scenes, to make it such a resounding success. You’ve done us proud!
I’ve been trying to think what’s the winning formula
Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Homai Early Childhood Centre: Permanent Teacher Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ (BLENNZ)
Homai Early Childhood Centre: Permanent teacher.
To start as soon as possible.
Our licensed early childhood centre for children who are blind and low vision is offering an exciting opportunity to enhance the lives of young children and their families. We seek an enthusiastic, versatile and highly motivated qualified teacher to join our team.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
- SPEVI Conference Highlights 2013 Boguslaw 'Bob' Marek
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
The whole conference was a great success and several presentations were real eye-openers. For me, reports on the situation in small countries (islands) in the region were particularly interesting. A lot has been done, and a lot is being done but there is still a lot to do.
I must mention on more special, personal
Wednesday, March 06, 2013
- Auckland, or Ballyland?! I suppose it is much like being in love, and suddenly hearing love songs on the radio all the time.
I have experienced the SPEVI conference through the eyes and ears of someone who is healthily obsessed with Sonokids’ new Early Learning computer program Ballyland. Of course Ballyland’s free Beta version (www.ballyland.com) was officially launched during my presentation at the conference.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
- SPEVI Conference Highlights 2013 Patrick Pink
National Assessment Team - BLENNZ
Highlights from SPEVI Conference 2013 for me are:
Gordon Dutton talks!!!
Dialogue with colleagues around the world.
Having fun with colleagues in a learning sharing environment.
Wednesday, February 06, 2013
- SPEVI Conference 2013 Highlights Ngaria Stephenson
Ministry of Education – Cook Islands
One of my highlights of the conference is listening to Sharon Duncan her critical components of inspiring an early childhood service, practical tips to remember and to really think about.
One particularly is that she has never met a parent that she didn’t learn from, which to me was a very valuable statement to make and just a
Monday, January 21, 2013
- SPEVI Lifetime Members At the SPEVI Special Meeting on Wednesday 16th January it was wonderful to see Paul Pagliano, Jane Wells and Sue Spooner all become SPEVI Lifetime Members.
The continuing commitment that Paul, Jane and Sue all give to vision education make them ideal recipients of this membership.
Thursday, January 17, 2013