- BLENNZ Orientation and Mobility Services If you are a qualified Orientation and Mobility Instructor and preferably have experience working with children and or young adults and would be interested in joining our service, whether full time or part time, we would like to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team developing a service model for school aged children and young people. The role will involve both
Thursday, April 10, 2014
- South Pacific Educators in Vision Impairment Biennial Conference 2015 South Pacific
Educators in Vision Impairment Biennial Conference 2015
Professionals - A Vision for Success
12th - 15th January
2015, Melbourne Conference and Training Centre, Melbourne
Call for Papers
For all Information on
the Call for Papers, please go to the dedicated webpage: Call
We invite you to
attend the 2015
Sunday, April 06, 2014
- Introducing the new co-editor Hi there! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jodie (Jo) Hoger and I am a new editor for our SPEVI blog sharing the role with Karen Gilligan. I work as a Teacher Consultant (vision impairment) at the TAFE NSW Illawarra Institute. I support students who are blind or vision impaired and their teachers. I am also totally blind.I am passionate about access to information, access technology
Sunday, March 16, 2014
- JOURNAL OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC EDUCATORS IN VISION MPAIRMENT (JSPEVI) CALL FOR PAPERS & REPORTS - 2014 Issue
Original manuscripts, reports and news items are sought for the sixth issue of the Journal of the South Pacific Educators in Vision Impairment. The journal presents essays, quantitative and qualitative research articles and analyses, conceptual papers, literature and book reviews, case studies, policy analyses and innovative practice descriptions and
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
- Premier's IOOF Centre for Educational and Medical Research Itinerant Support Teacher (Vision) Scholarship On Saturday 24 August 2013 at a reception hosted by the Premier of NSW at Government House, sixteen Scholarships were presented to teachers from around NSW. Shane Doepel was presented with the Premier’s Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) NSW Centre for Educational and Medical Research Itinerant Support Teacher (Vision) Scholarship. The IOOF generously donated $15,000 that will contribute
Thursday, February 27, 2014
- BLENNZ farewells retiring Principal, Jane Wells Jane Wells with her album of memories
On Wednesday 10th July 2013 BLENNZ a farewell function was held for Jane Wells, Principal of BLENNZ who was retiring after 34 years of working in the field of blindness education.
Jane Wells began her career in working with children and young people who are blind and low vision in 1979 when she took on the position of coaching students after school at
Monday, September 09, 2013
- Unified English Braille Australian Training Manual 2013 For all of you who work with Braille, I am
pleased to announce that the "Unified English Braille Australian
Training Manual 2013" has been released.
This document now replaces the Braille Primer of 2006.
The document is more contemporary in nature and hence, the change of name.
The Manual is now 235 pages in size 14 Tahoma
font. There are a lot more examples, with an extensive section
Tuesday, June 04, 2013
- SPEVI Conference Highlights 2013 Paul Pagliano
James Cook University - Australia
I must say: “What an superb conference!” Everyone I’ve spoken to has been absolutely thrilled. A sincere thank-you to Sue Spooner, Jane Wells and the conference organisers, and everyone who worked so diligently behind the scenes, to make it such a resounding success. You’ve done us proud!
I’ve been trying to think what’s the winning formula
Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Homai Early Childhood Centre: Permanent Teacher Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ (BLENNZ)
Homai Early Childhood Centre: Permanent teacher.
To start as soon as possible.
Our licensed early childhood centre for children who are blind and low vision is offering an exciting opportunity to enhance the lives of young children and their families. We seek an enthusiastic, versatile and highly motivated qualified teacher to join our team.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
- SPEVI Conference Highlights 2013 Boguslaw 'Bob' Marek
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
The whole conference was a great success and several presentations were real eye-openers. For me, reports on the situation in small countries (islands) in the region were particularly interesting. A lot has been done, and a lot is being done but there is still a lot to do.
I must mention on more special, personal
Wednesday, March 06, 2013