SPEVI is an association of, and for, its members.
The Australian SPEVI Committee of Management invites current members to consider submitting proposals for projects, activities, or events that support SPEVI Inc’s Mission and Aims, and for which a funding contribution from SPEVI Inc is sought.
To apply, members should use the SPEVI Members Project Submission Form which can be downloaded here: SPEVI Inc. Project Application Form (Sept 2020)
Additional relevant information may accompany the project application.
During the undertaking of the Project, a Progress report needs to be submitted, and a Final Acquittal Report is required at the end of the project.
Submissions will be reviewed by the SPEVI Inc Committee of Management (Australia) and evaluated on the basis of:
- contribution to the field;
- alignment with SPEVI’s Vision, Mission and Aims;
- prioritisation with other Project Applications;
- availability of funds.
The SPEVI Inc Committee of Management (Australia) approved the provision of grants for the following projects that are aligned with and promote SPEVI’s Mission and Aims.
Projects in Progress
- ‘Learning to Access’ in COVID-19 times. Dr Melissa Cain, Australian Catholic University.
- Creation of an archive of the presentations and papers of previous and future SPEVI Conferences. The papers and presentations for the 2013, 2015 and 2017 conferences have been made available as open source on the Conferences page of the SPEVI website. We extend our thanks to Lena Karam of RIDBC Renwick Centre for undertaking the work required to complete this project.
- ‘The Blind Girl's Guide to Puberty’. Publication of a booklet by Emma-Mae Schmidt. SPEVI’s contribution included assisting Emma-Mae to create the front cover, organising the booklet’s ISBN, checking the accessibility of content, and posting the booklet on the SPEVI website for easy download. The booklet is available in a Word and PDF format from the page with educational resources. We extend our thanks to Lena Karam of RIDBC Renwick Centre for undertaking the work required to complete this project.