Constitution SPEVI Australia
SPEVI Inc is an Association incorporated under the laws of NSW, Australia – Registration number INC9889733, and is the holder of ABN 44 545 374 588 registered on 2nd March 2022.
You can view the SPEVI Inc ABN Certificate here.
The original SPEVI Constitution was unanimously adopted by members during the 2015/16 Annual General Meeting. The Constitution has been lodged with the New South Wales Office of Fair Trading, in accordance with the requirements of incorporation.
Changes to the Constitution, as proposed by the Committee of management, were unanimously approved by members during the June 2022 AGM. The New South Wales Office of Fair Trading has advised that these changes have been registered. The Revised Constitution is effective from 27 July 2022.
You can download the SPEVI Australia Constitution here (pdf file):
SPEVI Inc Constitution, Amended 2022 07 27
Constitution SPEVI New Zealand
You can download the SPEVI New Zealand Constitution here (Word doc):
SPEVI (NZ) Constitution - Amended September 2019_
SPEVI Complaint Handling Policy
You can download the full Complaint Handling Policy document here:
SPEVI Complaint Handling Policy, August 2015
SPEVI is committed to upholding the spirit of the New Zealand Privacy Act (1993), the Australian Privacy Act (1988), and Australian Privacy Principles (2012).
Collecting and keeping your information safe
SPEVI collects and stores the information that you provide on the SPEVI Membership Form for the following specific purposes:
• To comply with the Australian and New Zealand Privacy Acts and Privacy Principles. These laws regulate the handling of personal information about individuals, including the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information, and access to and correction of that information.
• To enable SPEVI to maintain effective business and accounting standards.
SPEVI does not supply information about members to marketing organisations or third parties without your consent, unless required by law.
How SPEVI uses your personal information
• To facilitate communication between the SPEVI Committee of Management, SPEVI State/Territory Councillors, and SPEVI members,
• To manage distribution of the SPEVI journal and other information to members,
• To inform members about the activities of the Association, and
• To provide information to government and regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law.
How can you access your personal information?
• SPEVI members have the right to access their personal information, free of charge, subject to some exceptions allowed by the law.
• For privacy and security reasons, requests for information must be submitted in writing to the SPEVI Membership Secretary (contact details below). Written requests must include the member’s name and current address.
Help us ensure we hold accurate information
SPEVI takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. For this reason, please inform the Membership Secretary of any changes or errors in your personal information, such as your name, postal address and email address.